Position Announcement - Chief Financial Officer and Director of Operations
The Arizona Farm Bureau Federation is looking for an experienced financial professional to fill a key role on our management team. The position will oversee all financial functions, along with all day-to-day business operations. The successful candidate will have strong strategic insight, with the ability to implement company wide policies and procedures, partnering with the CEO and Department Directors to support growth and stability of the company.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Qualifications: The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 6+ years proven experience as a CFO, Corporate Controller, or in a supervisory position with a CPA firm.
- An active CPA license with proven experience in all areas of financial and operational oversight, demonstrating strong accounting and organizational skills, flexibility, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask on a wide variety of projects.
- Strong office application software experience, specifically QuickBooks Enterprise Solution, Zoom, and the full suite of Office365, including Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with all employees, board members, and other volunteer leadership. This position has direct oversight of the Operations Department which currently has 5 employees.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the organization's fiscal functions and performance for the Arizona Farm Bureau and affiliated companies.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on financial decision-making issues affecting the organization, evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and oversight of regulatory actions.
- Prepare timely and accurate budgets, analysis, financial reports, and financial trends to assist the CEO, the Board, and the other directors in performing their responsibilities.
- Direct, develop, implement, and enforce financial policies, governance, and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Direct Operations Team on financial duties, office administration, membership operations, and all day-to day administrative and operational functions.
At Arizona Farm Bureau we are committed to strong agriculture for a prosperous Arizona. The Arizona Farm Bureau Federation, an Arizona 501(c)5 Non-Profit Corporation, is a leading organization that empowers members through grassroots advocacy, communication, and education. An organization where some of Arizona’s most talented people, drawn to the service of farm and ranch families, have come to develop rewarding and long-lasting careers. As the largest grassroots farm organization in Arizona, the Arizona Farm Bureau Federation offers an opportunity to be an advocate for agriculture in a dynamic and challenging environment.