The Arizona Farm Bureau Agriculture in the Classroom Program sets up classrooms with local farmers, ranchers, and dairymen to correspond throughout the year. Classrooms will also participate in a Skype or FaceTime session with their farmer pen pal!
How it works
- Let us know who you would like to correspond with....farmer, rancher, egg producer or dairymen.
- Students then write to their Aggie Pen Pal and ask questions regarding their family, operation, and agriculture in general.
- The Aggie Pen Pal responds to the student letters and questions in a letter written back to the class. Pictures of the Pen Pal and their operation are typically included.
- The students write more letters back to their Aggie Pen Pal.
- The Aggie Pen Pal responds to the student letters
- Ag in the Classroom then hosts a Skype or FaceTime session between the farmer and the classroom, allowing students to meet the farmer they have been writing to and ask questions in live time!
If you are interested in having a Pen Pal for your classroom please complete the registration form and email it to Katie Aikins at email@example.com