Attention Arizona Agriculture: Valent U.S.A Launches “Relentless As You” Contest
By Julie Murphree, Arizona Farm Bureau: I know you know an Arizona farmer or rancher with a “relentless” spirit! I do. In fact, I know several. My own farming parents, Pat and
Recently, Valent U.S.A. Corporation announced the national launch of “Relentless As You,” a contest that aims to recognize the relentless spirit of the American Farmer and growers who go above and beyond in their communities and farming operations. The contest runs through National Ag Week March 21, 2015, on relentlessasyou.com/contest.
“We all know a grower who embodies the strength,
To enter, growers must submit a 100-word description of their relentless spirit of dedication and determination to succeed on the farm and in the community accompanied by a photo or video. Growers can nominate themselves or be nominated by a family member, friend or neighbor.
At the conclusion of the contest, a panel of judges from Valent will choose five national winners, who best exemplify a relentless way of living. A $1,000 grant will be awarded in the winner’s name to a local 501(c)(3) charity of the winner’s choice. In addition, a $500 grant to a local 501(c)(3) charity will be given in each winner’s respective local retailer’s name.
- On February 26, 2015, entrants can visit www.relentlessasyou.com/contest to enter or nominate a grower
- Entrants share 100-word description of how they/their nominee exemplifies a relentlessness along with photo or video
- Contest concludes onNational Ag Week March 21, 2015
- On April 3, 2015, Valent will notify the five winners
- On April 22, 2015, a $1,000 and $500 grant will be awarded to the winning grower and retailer’s local charity. This includes but is not limited to the local food bank, 4H,
FFAand school district.
For the official rules and additional contest details visit relentlessasyou.com/contest.
Editor's Note: Valent U.S.A. Corporation, headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., develops and markets products in the United States and Canada that protect agricultural crops, enhance crop yields, improve food quality, beautify the environment and safeguard public health.