All my family get-togethers are built around food and fun. Especially during this time of social distancing, I have eaten out less and had to put my cooking and baking skills to the test! Thankfully, FillYourPlate.org constantly gives me recipe inspirations.
Arizona Farm Bureau’s online directory, Fill Your Plate, contains farmers and ranchers that sell products direct, lots of recipes for all meals and occasions, and tells you the closest farmers markets in your area.
Served cold, these Frosty Strawberry Squares are perfect for a summer BBQ by the pool on a hot Arizona day with your family.
Frosty Strawberry Squares
- 1 Cup Flour, sifted
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chopped nuts
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Fresh strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 Cup Whipped cream
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar, butter, and chopped nuts and spread on cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees, stirring often, for 20 minutes.
- Let cool. Then sprinkle 2/3 of the mixture (about 1 1/3 cup) in the bottom of GLASS 12 x 9 pan.
- Combine 2 egg whites and one cup of sugar. Beat until it thickens.
- Add 2 cups of fresh strawberries, and lemon juice, then beat until it's very stiff.
- Fold the cup of whipped cream into the strawberry mixture. Spoon it into the glass dish, over the nut mixture.
- Top with the remaining nuts, freeze for at least six hours.
Provided by: Nancy Brierley
Editor’s note: For more information on our member benefits including our regional benefits go to Arizona Farm Bureau’s member benefits page online. Or, download the Member Benefits app (FB Benefits) to your smart phone for easy, everyday access to your benefits. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-635-3609 for further assistance.