By Peggy Jo Goodfellow, Arizona Farm Bureau: Since
Place salad toppings in rows so each person can choose their favorite toppings.
As an adult, I still enjoy salads, especially ones that have a mix of fruits, vegetables, cheese, or something crunchy like nuts.
For me, salad dressing is optional. I can take it or leave it depending on the salad. A lite raspberry vinaigrette is one of my favorites.
A Few Great Notes about Salads
- They’re easy to put together.
- You can create an endless variety of salads.
- You can pick and choose what to put in a salad.
- Salads offer an easy and effective way to make sure you’re getting your daily requirements of fruits and vegetables.
- You can make a meal out of just a salad.
A few weeks ago, my husband and I invited the family over for a get-together at our home. We served tamale pie, a simple mixed green salad topped with strawberries, mandarin oranges, cheese and pecans and lemon cake for dessert. I placed the salad toppings in rows so each person would be able to choose their favorite topping. It was a big hit with everyone.
Are you hungry yet?