By Peggy Jo Goodfellow with contributions by Julie Murphree, Arizona Farm Bureau: Last year, we ran an article about how to keep New Year’s resolution. This year we revisit the topic with some updates.
It's a New Year! What's your set of resolutions and are
New Year’s resolutions are hard to keep past the first two weeks of the New Year. This year
For busy families, getting more done in less time is a must. When it comes to financial and insurance issues, one of the best ways to save time and energy is to use one agent for all of your needs. This “one-stop shopping” can save you time, and it may save you money, too.
As a member of Farm
Your agent can offer a wealth of products and services that
In the meantime, here is a simple list of rules to help you keep your 2016 resolutions.
- Keep any new goals or resolutions simple.
- Keep your resolutions attainable. Don’t set
a goalsin 2016 to run a marathon before summer if you’ve never run a marathon. Maybe first set a goal to run a 5K run and then advance from there.
- Mark them down in a notebook you keep with you or put your list of resolutions in the “Notes” section of your smart phone.
- Review your resolutions weekly to assess where you’re at.
- In fact, set calendar reminders that ping you periodically as to where you wish to be with the new resolution.
- Have fun! What kills motivation is missing target dates or realizing some of your goals are not compatible with you schedule. To turn this around, give yourself an “Off day” of “cheat” day. For example, if your goal is to lose 20 pounds, on you “Off Day” or “cheat” day, treat yourself to your favorite food for one meal.
- Forgive yourself for lapses in your efforts.
Sometimes, setting a new resolution with family can help build commitment since the entire family is in on the effort together. You’re able to cheer each other on. In the meantime, enjoy the year as it unfolds.
Editor’s note: For more information on our member benefits including our regional benefits go to Arizona Farm Bureau’s member benefits page online. Or, download the Member Benefits app (FB Benefits) to your smart phone for easy, everyday access to your benefits. Also, visit www.fbfs.com or call 480-635-3600 to find an agent near you.