If you live in the southwest, you know many types of insects, ants, spiders, beetles, termites and more live in the desert. No matter where I stay in the state, I am sure to run into a pest or two. Because of that, pest control is necessary for all homes. How can we safely keep pests out of our homes? Learn about the pests in your area and what options are available to control specific pests.
Fortunately, Arizona Farm Bureau members have a member benefit discount with Truly Nolen Pest Control at all their locations in Arizona. Truly Nolen can answer questions and give you a complete list of their services and locations in Arizona.
$35 off initial quarterly/monthly pest control treatment or
$75 off initial termite treatment
Visit www.trulynolen.com for a complete list of services and locations
Prevention is key to help keep pests out of your home and to help Truly Nolen visit your house a little less often. Here are seven steps to pest prevention:
- Remove sources of food, water and shelter for the pests
- Store food in sealed plastic or glass containers. Garbage containing food scraps should be placed in tightly covered trash cans. Remove garbage regularly from your home.
- Fix leaky plumbing and don't let water accumulate anywhere in the home. Don't let water collect in trays under your house plants or refrigerator. Don't leave pet food and water out overnight.
- Clutter provides places for pests to breed and hide and makes it hard to get rid of them. Get rid of things like stacks of newspapers, magazines, or cardboard.
- Close off places where pests can enter and hide. For example, caulk cracks and crevices around cabinets or baseboards. Use steel wool to fill spaces around pipes. Cover any holes with wire mesh.
- Learn about the pests you have and options to control them.
- Check for pests in packages or boxes before carrying them into your home
Editor’s note: For more information on our member benefits including our regional benefits go to Arizona Farm Bureau’s member benefits page online. Or, download the Member Benefits app (FB Benefits) to your smartphone for easy, everyday access to your benefits.