Yes, we produce tree nuts in Arizona: Pecans and Pistachios. In fact, Arizona ranks 4th nationally in pecan production.
Here are some quick facts about our Arizona pecans.
1. Arizona’s Green Valley Pecan Company is the World’s largest irrigated pecan orchard.
2. To produce fruit in half the time, farmers bud or graft seedlings onto established rootstock.
3. Pecan trees are alternate bearing and have a good crop only every other year.
4. It takes 78 pecans to make a pecan pie!
5. Pecans are heart healthy and contain 19 vitamins and minerals.
We celebrate Arizona agriculture in all its forms. Pecans are just one of those special crops we grow in this desert state.Join Our Family