Remember the Basics to Dental Health
By Peggy Jo Goodfellow, Arizona Farm Bureau: The healthier those teeth are, the happier you look. It's because your teeth are important in many ways. If you take care of them, they'll help take care of you. Strong, healthy teeth are a must to enjoy the foods we love to eat. They help us speak clearly. And yes, they help us look your best.
Arizona Farm Bureau members can take advantage of a discount member benefit program with Dental Care Advantage. Did you know that brushing your teeth twice a day can save you hundreds of dollars--sometimes thousands--in dental work?
It’s important to get kids to start early on dental health. Here are a few tips to help your family keep their teeth healthy:
1. Brush at least twice a day - after breakfast and before bedtime. Brushing your teeth the way they grow helps breaks down plaque. If you have very young children in the household, make brushing a fun thing to do by brushing your teeth at the same time. Children love to mimic their parents.
2. Take your time while brushing. Spend at least 2 minutes each time you brush.
3. Brush all of your teeth, not just the front ones. Spend some time on the teeth along the sides and in the back. Always brush away from your gums.
4. Learn how to floss. Flossing is an important way to keep your teeth healthy. Next time you visit the dental office, ask your Dentist or Hygienist to show you the proper way to floss. If you don’t like to floss, ask about the alternative products on the market today.
5. Change out that Toothbrush! Be sure your toothbrush has soft bristles and that you get a new toothbrush every 3 months. Once the bristles begin to
To learn more about keeping a healthy smile, visit, www.azfb.org click on member benefits then healthcare.