Peggy Jo Goodfellow, Arizona Farm Bureau Marketing Manager: Whether you’re packing for the weekend or two weeks, there’s not a need to carry more luggage than you need. With a bit of
I know it’s a rookie mistake but I tend to pack more items of clothing than I need. I’ve found that having a day-by-day plan helps. How much of what to bring depends on how formally you’ll need to dress. Is it a business trip or a vacation?
Here are five general rules of thumb:
- Unmentionables: Pack a clean pair of socks,
undershirtsand underwear for everyday.
- Shirts or dresses: Pack two fewer than the total number of days on the trip. You can wear the same outfit on the flight back as yu did n the flight out and
uou’llsave two days worth of clothing.
- Pants: a pair of jeans for every other day, slacks as needed.
- Shoes: Two pairs of casual shoes (a pair of sandals and a pair of sneakers) a pair of formal shoes if needed.
- Toiletries: If you are bringing your kit through security, be sure to get everything in travel-size bottles and pack them per TSA regulations. If you’re checking them through,
conisdersticking with the small bottles to conserve space.
For the return-trip be sure to pack a plastic bag for your dirty clothes plus a dryer sheet to combat odor.
Editor’s note: For more information, on our member benefits including our regional benefits go to Arizona Farm Bureau’s member benefits page online. Or, download the Member Benefits app to your smart phone for easy, everyday access to your benefits.