There are ways to prepare for the possibility of animal activists coming to your property. This is especially true if your farm is close to an urban area.
How to Prepare
- Be able to share the “why” behind your operation’s policies and procedures
- How do your methods contribute to animal well-being and health?
- What’s wrong with the methods the activists will advocate?
- Become familiar with what Arizona’s animal welfare statutes really say
- Establish policies and procedures for dealing with activists and communicate them to your employees
- Do you engage in conversation?
- When do you contact law enforcement?
- Know your rights as a landowner and business owner!