Fire Relief Resources

Arizona Farm Bureau is here to support members as they deal with the aftermath of devastating wildfires. Follow the links below for more information on qualifying for programs that help you recover and repair.


State Emergency Response

The Arizona Post-Wildfire Infrastructure Assistance Program will allocate $10,000,000 to support infrastructure recovery efforts to mitigate the impact of Arizona wildfires that occurred on or after July 1, 2020. Awards will be limited to those applicants most significantly impacted, on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants will be those whose needs were not met by other funding sources, such as insurance, federal agencies, etc. and who can demonstrate the DFFM Post-Wildfire Infrastructure Assistance Program is the payer of last resort. Awards will be limited to a minimum of $5,000 and a maximum of $500,000 per award. Some projects may be offered only partial funding depending on the severity of demonstrated need and funding availability at the time of the request.

For eligibility requirements, review the Request for Proposal Guidance.

To apply, go to the Post-Wildfire Assistance Program Grant Page.

Find your county’s emergency response information here.

USDA Programs

Low-Interest Loans

Physical Loss Loans can help producers repair or replace damaged or destroyed physical property essential to the success of the agricultural operation, including livestock losses. Examples of property commonly affected include essential farm buildings, fixtures to real estate, equipment, livestock, perennial crops, fruit and nut bearing trees and harvested or stored crops and hay. On, the Disaster Assistance Discovery Tool, Disaster-at-a-Glance fact sheet, and Farm Loan Discovery Tool can help you determine program or loan options.

Indemnification Programs

Livestock Forage Program (LFP): LFP provides compensation to eligible livestock producers that have suffered grazing losses due to drought or fire on land that is native or improved pastureland with permanent vegetative cover or that is planted specifically for grazing.

Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP): LIP provides benefits to livestock producers for livestock deaths in excess of normal mortality caused by adverse weather.

Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-Raised Fish (ELAP)- Livestock Assistance: ELAP provides emergency assistance to eligible producers of livestock, honeybees and farm-raised fish for losses due to disease (including cattle tick fever), adverse weather, or other conditions, such as blizzards and wildfires, not covered by LFP and LIP.

Conservation and Recovery Programs

The& Emergency Conservation Program (ECP) provides assistance to producers if their land was damaged by a natural disaster and needs conservation practices.

The Noninsured Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) provides assistance for crop losses when federal crop insurance is not available. NAP provides financial assistance to producers of non-insurable crops when low yields, loss of inventory, or prevented planting occur due to natural disasters.

Tree Assistance Program (TAP): TAP provides financial assistance to qualifying orchardists and nursery tree growers to replant or rehabilitate eligible trees, bushes, and vines damaged by natural disasters.

Environmental Quality Incentives Program: Eligible land includes cropland, rangeland, and non-industrial private forestland. Recovery assistance includes but is not limited to: immediate soil erosion protection, minimizing noxious and invasive plant proliferation, protecting water quality, restoring livestock infrastructure necessary for grazing management, emergency animal mortality management.

Emergency Watershed Program: The Emergency Watershed Protection Program offers recovery options for local communities to help people reduce hazards to life and property caused by floodwaters, droughts, wildfires, earthquakes, windstorms, and other natural disasters. Project funds address erosion related watershed impairments by supporting activities such as removing debris from stream channels, road culverts, and bridges; reshaping and protecting eroded banks; correcting damaged drainage facilities; repairing levees and structures; and reseeding damaged areas. If your land has suffered severe damage that may qualify for the EWP Program, you should contact your local authorities and request assistance. City, county, state and governments, flood and water control districts, and soil and water conservation districts are the most common sponsors of EWP projects. More information is available from your NRCS office.

Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) program: designed to address emergency situations related to stabilization arising after fire with the key goals of protecting life, property, and critical natural and cultural resources. The objective of the program is to determine the need and prescribe and implement emergency treatments on Federal Lands to minimize threats to life or property resulting from the effects of fire or to stabilize and prevent degradation to natural and cultural resources. To learn more about the program and how you might be able to assist the BAER program, find out who manages post-fire response activities at your local Forest Service or other state or federal land management office.

Arizona Natural Resource Conservation Service – Disaster Assistance Programs with Application Information

Find your local USDA Service Center

Non-USDA Assistance

U.S. Small Business Administration – Disaster Assistance: Non-farm businesses of all sizes located in declared disaster areas, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners, and renters affected by declared disaster, including civil unrest and natural disasters such as hurricanes, flooding, wildfires, etc.

A disaster declaration has been issued for Coconino, Graham, Maricopa, Navajo, Pima, and Yavapai counties, making non-farm agribusinesses and cooperatives eligible for disaster assistance under SBA. Click here for a fact sheet with more information on loan requirements, rate, and eligibility.

Additional Relief

Red Cross: The thousands of staff and volunteers of the Red Cross are there for you with emergency aid when you need it most, and also advice and assistance to help you recover from a disaster or become better prepared to face one in the future.

Resources and Tools

Institute for Building & Home Safety

National Fire Protection Association

Firewise Toolkit

Homeowners' Firewise Guide for Arizona - Living with Wildfire

Real-Time Wildfire Information

Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management Arizona Fire Information - For information on wildland fire suppression, prevention, and dispatch.

Fire information, tips, and agency updates also available at:

InciWeb - For the latest information regarding the location, size, and containment level of fires in Arizona and throughout the U.S.