Resources and Links
Click on the text below to access information regarding various issues and topics impacting Arizona’s farmers and ranchers.
Arizona Minimum Wage and Paid Sick Leave Rules: Proposition 206
- Arizona Earned Paid Sick Time Poster
- "Are You Ready For Major Employment Changes on July 1?" Article regarding Arizona' mandatory paid sick leave.
- Summary of Arizona Prop 206 from The Cavanagh Law Firm
- Powerpoint from Arizona Farm Bureau's Prop 206 Webinar
Arizona Farm Bureau Transportation HandbookThe Arizona Farm Bureau recently updated its Ag Transportation Handbook. The handbook includes state and federal statutes, rules, and exemptions for transporting agricultural goods on roads and highways. UPDATE! Due to a change in Arizona regulations regarding the USDOT number there has been an update to the information in the Agriculture Transportation Handbook effective November 2, 2021. Read more about the update here. Please print this graphic and include with your copy of the Ag Transportation Handbook.
AZFB members may obtain a free copy of the handbook by contacting email@example.com. Please include full name, mailing address and number of copies requested.
Click here to access an example of a Hazmat Security Plan.
Electronic Logging Devices
- Livestock (as defined in 49 CFR 395.2) and insect haulers are not required to comply with the ELD rule for the duration of the FY 2018 appropriations bill (September 30, 2018), and any subsequent continuing resolutions. UPDATE: The statutory exemption was extended through December 7, 2018 by the continuing resolution and will remain in place until further notice. Drivers do not need to carry any documentation regarding this exemption. For additional information from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration click here.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) website includes information that addresses questions concerning existing agricultural exemptions and when FMCSA's rules and regulations apply.
- ELD Hours of Service (HOS) and Agriculture Exemptions - online link and pdf
- Exemptions to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (includes CDL information) – online link
- FMCSA Agriculture Exemptions Recorded Presentation – click
- Corresponding PowerPoint slides - click here
FMCSA Regulatory Guidance
- Agricultural Commodity exception in 49 CFR 395.1(k)(1) to the Hours of Service Regulations
- FMCSA Ag Summary - Regulatory Guidance: Transportation of Agricultural Commodities including Livestock
- Personal Conveyance
- FMCSA Personal Conveyance Summary – Regulatory Guidance: Personal Conveyance
- Arizona's "Open Range" Livestock Laws
- Arizona's Open Range "Law" - University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
- Arizona's No-Fence District Maps
I ndustrial Hemp
Arizona recently passed legislation legalizing the growing of Industrial Hemp in Arizona. The Arizona Department of Agriculture (ADA) will oversee the development and implementation of the Industrial Hemp pilot program. Please click here for the ADA Hemp Information Sheet.
Tips for Testifying
Trichomoniasis Testing: 2020 Rule